An iPhone can get disabled for a number of reasons. The most common cause of a disabled iPhone is typing in the wrong passcode multiple times. Many people face this issue when they accidentally type the wrong password or hand over their phone to a kid and he just tries to barge into the cellphone by typing in the wrong passcodes. When too many wrong passcodes have been entered the error “iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes” appears. This can be a troublesome situation for you if you are in an emergency and need to use your iPhone right away.
This iPhone is Disabled error has different variations and can show up as the following:
- iPhone is disabled. Try again in 1 minute
- iPhone is disabled. Try again in 60 minutes
- iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes
To get you out of this situation, we are going to discuss the solution to fixing the “iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes” Error. Before we discuss the solution, let us have a look at why this happens.
What causes “iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes” Error?
As we stated above, this error is caused when one or more wrong passcodes have been entered multiple times. It is a security measure developed by Apple to avoid thieves and hackers from getting access to your phone. For instance, you lost your iPhone at a public place and then someone finds it and tried to access it by guessing random passcodes. The “iPhone is disabled” error will show up after a few attempts. Here is when different variations of iPhone is disabled errors show up:
- 6 wrong attempts: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 1 minute
- 7 wrong attempts: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 5 minutes
- 8 wrong attempts: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 15 minutes
- 9 wrong attempts: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 60 minutes
- 10 wrong attempts: iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes
Recommended: Mirror Android To PC Without Root
“iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes” is the worst error out of all the errors that we listed above. You can simply wait for the other 4 errors to go away but in order to fix “iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes” error, all of the data on your iPhone will need to be wiped. If you had a backup of your data then you do not need to worry but if you didn’t have a backup then say GOODBYE to all of your data on the iPhone.
Fix “iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes” by connecting to iTunes
By connecting to iTunes, you can get access to your iPhone once again. To restore your iPhone to iTunes, all you need to do is follow a few simple steps.
- Connect your iPhone to a Mac or PC and open iTunes.
- Now click Restore iPhone and just follow the prompts. iTunes will then start erasing your device’s data.
- As soon as iTunes is done erasing all the data, you will be navigated to the setup screen. Your device will function like a brand new device now.
- If you did a backup then you will get the option to choose the iTunes backup now.
That’s how you can restore your iPhone back with iTunes and get rid of the “iPhone is Disabled” error. You can also get access to your iPhone by using the recovery mode. We will discuss that below.
Fix “iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes” by using Recovery Mode
If the iTunes method does not work for you or you don’t prefer the above method then you use the recovery mode to get access to your iOS device. It is also the better method to assure that the data on your device is fully wiped and you will most likely get access to your device by using the below-mentioned procedure.
- Plug in a USB Cable to your computer but don’t connect it to your device just yet.
- Once you have connected the USB Cable, open iTunes.
- Now hold down the Home button and Sleep button together for 9-10 seconds until your device shuts down,
- Let go of the Sleep button now but keep holding the Home button.
- Now plug in the USB Dock to connect the iPhone to the Mac while holding down the Home button.
- iTunes will prompt “An iPhone has been detected in recovery mode”. Simply wipe the data now.
So, this was the full procedure to fix the error by using Recovery mode. In this post, we discussed two methods to Fix “iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes” error. We hope that at least one of the above-mentioned procedure worked out for you and that you now have access to your iPhone. We keep updating our blog with posts like this on a regular basis. Stay tuned to Times Of Silicon for more such informative articles and updates. Comment below if you have any queries. We will get back to you as soon as possible.